Useful Q&As for SpeakersBack to categories
1. General Information for Participants
What is the official language of the congress?
The official language of the Congress is English.
There will not be simultaneous translation.
Where are the Congress venues located?
- Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre
1 Raffles Boulevard, Suntec City, Singapore 039593
- Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039595
Pan Pacific Hotel is 0.2 km / 0.12 mi from the Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre. The congress venues are directly connected by a bridge.
How to reach the congress venues?
Alight at Esplanade or Promenade* stations on the Circle Line, and at City Hall**station on the East West Line.
Follow these directions to get to Suntec Singapore:
- From CC3 Esplanade MRT Station (3 min): Take Exit A and follow the signage to Congress venue
- From CC4 Promenade MRT Station (5 min): Take Exit C, walk through Suntec City Mall and follow the signage to Congress venue
- From EW13 City Hall MRT Station (8 min): Walk through City Link Mall and then Esplanade Exchange to get to the Congress venue
* Promenade station is also on the Downtown Line.
** City Hall station is on the East West Line as well as the North South Line.
Depending on which bus service you are taking, you may choose to alight at the following stops:
- Suntec Singapore: 36, 70M, 111, 133, 133°, 162M, 518, 518°, 700°, 857, NRI, 97, 97°, 70°, 106, 502, 502°, 502B, 518, 551, 578, 581, 577, 580, 575, 576, 579
- Opposite Suntec Singapore:36, 36°
- Suntec Tower Two: 107M, 551, 578, 581, 577
- Suntec Tower Three: 36, 36°, 531
- Suntec City/ Opposite Suntec City: 10, 14, 16, 70, 70M, 196, 608, 541, 547, 70A, 196°
Alight at our driveway along Temasek Boulevard, where The Big Picture is located.
For those driving, you may access our basement carpark via the following routes:
- Nicoll Highway
- Raffles Boulevard (from Bras Basah Road)
- Temasek Avenue (from Raffles Boulevard)
- Rochor Road exit from East Coast Expressway (ECP)
Park at West Wing (Green Zone) and use lift lobbies A or B for quick access to Suntec Singapore (L3, L4 or L6).
Will there be a Congress Mobile App?
The detailed scientific programme is only accessible via the app or the official website. The app allows you to personalise your experience by saving your favourite sessions and contacts, and to watch the streaming in the event of session overflow on your mobile device
The app has also a section dedicated to Singapore, which includes travel suggestions, where to eat, how to get around, and who to contact, as well as many interesting details about the culture itself.
Should you need assistance, please inform WCD2023 staff at the congress venue or send an email to email@example.com.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for social events, courses, accompanying person and delegate registration
- email@example.com for general information
- firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation
- email@example.com for programme
- firstname.lastname@example.org for abstracts, posters, late-breakings, free communications sessions
- email@example.com for information about scholarships
2. Before The Congress
How to apply for a Visa?
Please check all the details related to the immigration and passport requirements here.
If an entry visa is required, please allow sufficient time: to facilitate your visa request, an invitation letter can be downloaded at the same link as above.
For more information, please visit the official website of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.
How to make a hotel reservation?
Congress delegates can benefit from special room rates, with no booking fees and in hotels that are within walking distance or short ride on public transport to the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Please note that all rates are quoted in SGD.
For more information, please visit the accommodation page on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer staying in budget hotels, some options include Hotel 81, Fragrance Hotels chains; independent hotels or even hostels. Most locations are suitable as Singapore is very well connected and getting to the conference location is easy and affordable by public transport.
Hotel booking websites include – Klook, Booking.com and Trivago.
How to register an accompanying person?
The accompanying person can register on the official Registration page, clicking on “Create a new individual User” and putting a flag on “I will attend the event as an accompanying person”.
Then, on the second page, enter the “Authorisation Code” received by the accompanied delegate via email.
This will correctly display both the category and the fee.
How can I learn more about the 24 available courses?
They are of two types, full-day and half-day, and costs vary depending on the category selected: HD 100 SGD / FD 200 SGD.
Courses can be purchased directly during the registration process.
Is there a slide template to use for presentations?
Please click on the button below to download the template for slide presentations that you are kindly asked to use for your lecture:
3. During The Congress
When will Sister Society Meetings will be held?
All sister societies meetings will take place on Monday 3rd July and are accessible to all Congress participants.
All speakers, chairs and co-chairs of these sessions must register for the congress.
|Full day||from 8.30am to 5.30pm|
|Half day am||from 8.30am to 12.30pm|
|Half day pm||from 1.30pm to 5.30pm|
For more information on their programmes, please click here.
Where, in which hall and when will I be involved in presentations?
Within the Interactive Programme, you can filter your search By Speaker, enter your first and last name, and finally check your sessions.
For more information, you can request your schedule at email@example.com
What is the deadline for my presentation to be uploaded?
We highly recommend uploading the final version of your presentation a minimum of four (4) hours before your scheduled presentation time.
Please make sure you apply the following presentation format:
- Only PowerPoint presentations, Office 2007 – 2019 or Office 365 (PowerPoint version used in the Congress Rooms is Office 2016 for best compatibility reasons).
- The projection format will be 16:9 aspect ratio so slide presentations should be set in the same format. lf the format will be 4:3, 2 back rows on the left and on the right of the projection screen will be visible.
- Presentations must be saved on a USB key. Personal laptops are not allowed. Remember to bring with you the USB Key
- Pictures must be under the following format: *.jpg, *.gif, *.tiff, or *.bmp (format *.pict prohibited).
- Video files attached to power point presentations must be in the following format: *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.avi or *.wmv. The format *.mov (quick time) is NOT accepted. When saving final presentations to USB stick, all video files if any and all links to these multimedia files must be included.
- lf you use a version of Power Point 2010 or more updated (2013, 2016, 2019 or 365), all the videos must be embedded in PPT presentation files.
Where is the speakers' preview room and when it will be open?
There are 2 speakers’ preview rooms. They are located in:
- Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre – Level 3, room 333
- Pan Pacific Hotel – Level 2, Ocean 8
Hours of Operation:
|Sunday 2nd July||from 2:00pm to 5:00pm|
|Monday 3rd July||from 6:30am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday, 4th July||from 6:30am to 7:00pm|
|Wednesday, 5th July||from 6:30am to 7:00pm|
|Thursday, 6th July||from 6:30am to 7:00pm|
|Friday, 7th July||from 6:30am to 7:00pm|
|Saturday 8th July||from 6:30am to 11:30am|
The Speakers’ preview rooms are open to assist presenters of all sessions of the congress scientific programme, Sister Society Meetings, Lunchtime Sponsored Symposia, Satellite Symposia and Meet the Experts.
Where is the e-poster area?
The e-Poster Area is located on Level 6 – Hall 602.
Hours of operation:
|Tuesday, 4th July||from 8:00am to 6:30pm|
|Wednesday, 5th July||from 8:00am to 6:30pm|
|Thursday, 6th July||from 8:00am to 6:30pm|
|Friday, 7th July||from 8:00am to 5:00pm|
When and where will the social events take place?
All congress participants are invited to attend:
- Opening Ceremony (3rd July, Level 6, Hall 603-604, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre)
- Closing Ceremony (8th July, Level 3, Summit 2, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre)
Participants can also attend, subject to registration and payment of an entrance fee, the following events:
- Welcome Reception (3rd July, Level 6, Hall 605, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre)
- Social Evening (7th July, Gardens by the Bay).
Where is the Patient Organisations & Dermatology Community Village located?
The Patient Organisations & Dermatology Community Village is located at Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, Level 6 – Room 602.
Where is the Exhibition Hall? And what are the opening hours?
The Exhibition Hall is located on Level 4 of Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Hours of Operation:
|Tuesday, 4th July||from 9.00am to 5.30pm|
|Wednesday, 5th July||from 9.00am to 5.30pm|
|Thursday, 6th July||from 9.00am to 5.30pm|
|Friday, 7th July||from 9.00am to 3.00pm|
4. After The Congress
When will the certificate of participation be available? And how to obtain it?
Congress attendance certificates can be downloaded online, by accessing your User Area, 10 days after the end of the event. An e-mail will be sent to inform all participants of the correct procedure.
Will the congress proceedings be available for download?
The abstract book will be accessible to all Congress participants within the official WCD2023 App, and via a QR code on a plantable card that will be handed out with the conference tote bag.
When will the conference proceedings be available?
After the congress, the abstract book will be accessible to all delegates within the website.