Applicants can find the form to apply for Scholarship within the same form available to submit an abstract.
Guidelines for Scholarship Application
Scholarship awards will be offered by the WCD to assist deserving and suitable trainees, dermatologists and others from around the world to attend the Congress. Applicants are required to submit an abstract for oral/poster presentation with their application.
Scholarship Application Deadline 24th September, 2022.
For All Scholarships:
- Applications must be made in English.
- Applicants must participate in at least one World Congress scientific activity such as an oral and/or a poster presentation.
- Only the lead author of the abstract is eligible to apply for scholarship.
- Abstracts for oral/poster presentations must be submitted online to the Congress Secretariat by 24th September, 2022.
- Trainee scholarship applicants must submit verification of their training status, such as a letter from the Department Head or Program Director
- Trainee scholarships are not open to certified/qualified dermatologists.
- Applicants must not already be supported by industry sponsors. The committee reserves the right to rescind scholarships to awardees whose attendance are supported by industry.
- Scholarship applicants who are dermatology residents or fellows may also wish to consider applying for the “Residents Forum” which offers extended oral presentation times. Please refer to the Guidelines for Abstract Submission page for details.
Types of scholarships and Eligibility requirements:
- WCD Trainee Scholarship: an applicant who is in training in dermatology as a resident (medical students are not eligible for scholarships). Please attach a letter from the Department Head or Program Director.
- WCD Rising Star Scholarship: a dermatologist under the age of 40 years at the time of the World Congress (July 3rd, 2023) and not at the rank of Full Professor. Please attach a copy of your passport.
- WCD Dermatologist Scholarship: certified dermatologists residing in one of the countries defined by the World Bank as Low income or Lower-Middle income. Applicants should be working at least 80% in public institutions and include with letter of certification of such employment from their Head of Department.
Scholarships will not cover all participation costs. Scholarship amount may vary and may be used to cover the costs of registration, travel or accommodation. The amount will depend on the type of scholarship as well as the country of origin of the applicant. For further information, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org